Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Vegan Food Swap - The Haul!

I had mentioned before that I was participating in a vegan food swap this month, in honour of Vegtober and my vegan-goal. Well, I arrived home today and found my package waiting for me!

First, it must be said that I could not have be paired with a more enthusiastic partner. Sarina, whose blog Earth Given Kitchen is an AMAZING resource of eating inspiration and recipes, was excited to learn about my Vegan-month and decided to theme my goodies as things that would make me want to STAY vegan. So I knew it was going to be awesome.

Well, she did an AMAZING job. I received:



  • Gingersnaps - with an great recipe to turn them into a graham-style pie crust
  • Green-Vibrance - for a morning health boost
  • HOMEMADE chocolate-pear granola!!!! (I am munching it as I type...so good!)
  • Hemp hearts - with some ideas to incorporate them into various recipes
  • Camino Almond Butter chocolate bar - which was eaten immediately (and therefore not pictured)
  • Nutritional Yeast - with lots of suggestions on how to use it
  • Assorted Teas
  • A lovely note complete with a photo of my not-so-secret crush, Jason Segel. A million bonus points!!!!!
Seriously - what a lovely, well rounded and DELICIOUS box of treats! I have decided to use the Green-Vibrance, Hemp Hearts, and Nutritional Yeast in recipes that she suggested so that I can let my package reach its full potential. That means that tomorrow I'm going to have the GV in a breakfast smoothie (can't wait!), Wednesday I'm making hummus with the Hemp Hearts, and Friday night, the grand finale, will be my first ever nutritional yeast experience with homemade vegan Mac and "Cheese" - Exciting!

A HUGE thank you to Sarina for the thoughtful, delicious, and diverse package of goodies. I am definitely going to participate again next month in the vegan swap! Will I stay vegan? That, folks, is the subject of a future post...

1 comment:

  1. So glad you liked it all! Thanks for the shout-out to Earthgiven Kitchen.
    --Sarina

    ReplyDelete